© After Hours Press 2021, Elmwood Park, IL
1) $15 entry fee. Payment made through PayPal using a PayPal account or credit card must be confirmed before submissions will be considered.
2) One $200 Winner and three $50 Finalists will be selected in an anonymous review by After Hours editors with the final winning decisions made by our 2022 Judge (TBA).
3) Submissions deadline February 28, 2022. Winners will be announced on April 15, 2022, and published in After Hours 2022 Summer Issue (released at the Chicago Printers Row Lit Fest, June 2022).
4) All entries must be submitted via email to: . You last name followed by “Mary Blinn Prize” should be the subject of the email. Cover letter and poems should be combined in one file and emailed as a single attachment(.doc /.docx file types preferred). Your cover letter with contact information,75 word bio, and the names of the poems submitted is required.
5) Open to writers, worldwide; poems must be written in English (translations accepted if translated by the author). After Hours’ Summer Issue must be a potential first publication for all works submitted. No previously published works, or works accepted for publication elsewhere. Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but we must be notified immediately if any poems are accepted elsewhere.
6) No identifying personal or contact information should appear on any pages with poems.
7) A cover letter with contact information,75 word bio, and the names of the poems submitted is required.
8) Entry fees are non-refundable. Send up to four poems per entry. There is no line-limit. Poems may be any length, any style, or any subject. Multiple entries by a single poet are accepted, however each group of four poems must be treated as a separate entry, each with its own cover sheet and an additional $15 fee. .
2022 Contest Guidelines